Meet the team
Based in the Oldmeldrum office, Emma enjoys being part of the Activus family, working in a team that supports each other and works hard with candidates and clients to achieve the right result for them. She firmly believes you’re only as good as the team you have behind you.
For Emma nothing beats job satisfaction. She loves helping people reach their goals whether it’s a client looking for the right candidate or a candidate searching for that dream job. A positive thinker herself, she particularly likes finding work for candidates who have a can-do attitude.
When she’s not at work, you’ll likely catch music-fanatic Emma at a local gig watching up and coming bands and artists. One of her favourite ways to spend her free time is taking her white German Shepherd Sanka for forest walks or to the local Starbucks for a pupachino – yes, that’s a thing.
Assistant Branch Manager
Having previously worked in Recruitment, Lauren brings over 6 years of commercial recruitment experience to the Activus Recruitment team. Since day one, Lauren has found a passion for the fast-paced and varied nature of recruitment as well as the opportunity to build relationships with clients and candidates every single day. Whether she is working on a last minute, short term assignment or a permanent vacancy, Lauren prides herself on her ability to understand both client and candidate needs to ensure long lasting and successful placements.
Lauren has worked with a range of industries including Oil & Gas, Finance, 3rd Sector as well as Construction and has placed candidates from entry level to Senior Management positions. Having the ability to help someone get their dream role, with one of her clients is what keeps Lauren motivated.
Outside of work you will find Lauren out on a long walk enjoying the scenery of Aberdeenshire with her family, followed by getting a hot chocolate from her favourite coffee shop to warm up.
One of the highlights of working in recruitment for Sonia is meeting new people every day and building long-term relationships with both candidates and clients. Sonia loves working in a fast-paced environment, and facing different challenges every day. Sonia believes that the most important thing in being a recruitment consultant is the process of learning about your clients’ specific hiring needs, as well as understanding what drives an individual in the workplace to make the best possible match.
Sonia has 6 years recruitment experience and in her previous roles she specialised in recruiting for hospitality sector, mainly for temporary requirements. She really enjoys covering high volume and short notice requirements, where she has to react quickly and have a high attention to detail to find the best candidate for the role.
Outside of work Sonia loves spending time with her family and being a Mummy to her full of energy 2-year-old son.
Maia joined Activus with 5 years’ previous experience working in recruitment within the oil and gas sector. Her favourite part of recruitment is that every day is different. Whether it is with a client, a candidate, or a member of the team, communication is key and an aspect of recruitment that Maia very much enjoys.
Maia finds playing a part in finding the right candidate for a job exciting, and adapting to varied scenarios is crucial in this role, Maia strives to always excel in this and to be a valuable member of the Activus team.
Outside of office hours, Maia spends her weekends going for a run or socialising with her friends and family. Maia’s blue Staffordshire Bull Terrier named Frank loves a woodland or beach walk, which is, of course, followed by a cuddle on the sofa.
Your Local Recruitment Experts
Founded in 2013, Activus Recruitment is one of the fastest growing recruitment agencies in the North East. Our mission statement is simple: to be conscientious career providers, assisting employers to strengthen internal teams through the appointment of qualified and experienced candidates.
In the years since conception, Activus Recruitment has completely diversified and developed its client base and now works with businesses across all sectors, providing full-time employees and temporary workers for businesses across the UK, from Orkney to London. Our approach is to deliver the most compliant recruitment service in the industry – an ethos that we continue to uphold.
Our core values are at the heart of everything we do.
- Professional Delivery – Our focus is on fulfilling the needs of our clients and candidates through a consistent best practice approach, ensuring that nothing is left to chance
- Innovation – We constantly search for and implement fresh ideas to improve all aspects of the business, ensuring we provide a better level of service than our competitors
- Empowerment – All of our consultants have full responsibility for managing their sectors. This means they can make quick decisions, speeding up the process for our clients and candidates
- Solution Focused – By truly understanding our client and candidate needs from the outset and spending the time and effort defining what success looks like for them, we offer bespoke recruitment solutions that truly differentiate ourselves from our competitors
- Teamwork – Working openly with our clients, candidates, and colleagues improves the flow of information and the quality of our decision making
- Integrity – We uphold the highest standards of personal and professional ethics, honesty, trust and transparency in all our dealings, with a focus on developing and nurturing long term relationships