Meet the team
Since joining the company six years ago, the last four as Managing Director, Debra has led Activus’s growth from a small office in Kintore servicing North-east Scotland’s construction sector to its current position as an award-winning agency covering the whole of the UK.
It’s fair to say she loves her work, working in a fast-paced, high pressure environment with a team that makes it a fantastic place to work. Her burning desire is to open more offices across the UK and to carry on building a business they can be proud of.
Outside of work, sport plays a big part in Debra’s life – especially watching and playing football. A former player for Aberdeen FC Ladies, Debra also enjoys catching a Premiership game, when she can, in Manchester or London (off the field, she is a die-hard Arsenal fan). Combining her love of travel with her love of eating out, Debra likes to wine and dine at latest restaurants and bars whenever and wherever she can.
Based in the Oldmeldrum office, Emma enjoys being part of the Activus family, working in a team that supports each other and works hard with candidates and clients to achieve the right result for them. She firmly believes you’re only as good as the team you have behind you.
For Emma nothing beats job satisfaction. She loves helping people reach their goals whether it’s a client looking for the right candidate or a candidate searching for that dream job. A positive thinker herself, she particularly likes finding work for candidates who have a can-do attitude.
When she’s not at work, you’ll likely catch music-fanatic Emma at a local gig watching up and coming bands and artists. One of her favourite ways to spend her free time is taking her white German Shepherd Sanka for forest walks or to the local Starbucks for a pupachino – yes, that’s a thing.
Being constantly busy and facing new challenges daily is what Lisa enjoys most about working at Activus Recruitment. Lisa’s role involves taking candidates through the full registration process, scoping their skill-sets and providing career advice to ensure they’re at ease throughout their recruitment journey.
Her colleagues agree Lisa keeps the team in check, ensuring all tasks and goals are ticked off on schedule. Her daily motivational quotes are guaranteed to keep the team uplifted even on the busiest of days.
Away from her day job at Activus, she is also an Eyelash Technician. Keeping fit also features high in Lisa’s leisure time with a weekly gym class and lots of dog walking. She also loves socialising with friends and family, being the fun auntie to her niece and nephew and watching the Dons play although she qualifies that by saying “only when they win.
Your Local Recruitment Experts
Founded in 2013, Activus Recruitment is one of the fastest growing recruitment agencies in the North East. Our mission statement is simple: to be conscientious career providers, assisting employers to strengthen internal teams through the appointment of qualified and experienced candidates.
In the years since conception, Activus Recruitment has completely diversified and developed its client base and now works with businesses across all sectors, providing full-time employees and temporary workers for businesses across the UK, from Orkney to London. Our approach is to deliver the most compliant recruitment service in the industry – an ethos that we continue to uphold.
Our core values are at the heart of everything we do.
- Professional Delivery – Our focus is on fulfilling the needs of our clients and candidates through a consistent best practice approach, ensuring that nothing is left to chance
- Innovation – We constantly search for and implement fresh ideas to improve all aspects of the business, ensuring we provide a better level of service than our competitors
- Empowerment – All of our consultants have full responsibility for managing their sectors. This means they can make quick decisions, speeding up the process for our clients and candidates
- Solution Focused – By truly understanding our client and candidate needs from the outset and spending the time and effort defining what success looks like for them, we offer bespoke recruitment solutions that truly differentiate ourselves from our competitors
- Teamwork – Working openly with our clients, candidates, and colleagues improves the flow of information and the quality of our decision making
- Integrity – We uphold the highest standards of personal and professional ethics, honesty, trust and transparency in all our dealings, with a focus on developing and nurturing long term relationships